Easy Baked Spinach Omelet Roll
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HorizonHappiness #CollectiveBias
When school is back in session it’s like a bus station around here. Everyone is taking off at different times and going a variety of places. What was a relaxed summer has given way to rush and frenzy. Most of the family would take off without breakfast if there wasn’t something already made. This Easy Baked Spinach Omelet Roll is a great way to feed a group a breakfast that you can feel good about. Bonus! It looks pretty, cuts easily and is baked in a pan in the oven. This recipe leaves you some time to focus on other things, like making sure everyone has two shoes that actually match.
We reached for Horizon® Organic Milk and Horizon® Organic Salted Butter along with chopped red and orange bell pepper, onions, spinach and eggs, plus a few seasonings to make this dish. You can do the prep work the night before, and bake and roll this omelet quickly the next morning. This is a great dish for lunch or dinner too, and so are Horizon® products! Horizon’s milk comes from cows not given growth hormones or antibiotics and raised on farms that follow sustainable organic practices. I really appreciate that.
My husband says, “It’s just stir stuff up, saute, put it in the oven and roll it up.” That’s true, so don’t let the look of the instructions throw you off.
Combine the eggs and milk and beat them until they are fluffy. Add salt, pepper and flour and beat them until they are combined and smooth with the eggs. Pour the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. You can use Horizon Organic Butter to grease the dish. Bake the egg mixture for 10 – 15 minutes or until the eggs are just about set. Check them sooner to make sure they haven’t set completely, every oven is different.
Easy Baked Spinach Omelet Roll
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup Horizon milk
- 1 packed cup spinach chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup shredded Horizon cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp Horizon butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine eggs and milk and beat until fluffy.
- Add salt, pepper and flour.
- Beat until combined and smooth.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until eggs are just about set.
- Check the eggs in 6 minutes in case they set sooner.
- While the eggs are baking sautee the onions and bell pepper, until the onions are translucent.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Pour the onion, bell pepper and spinach mix onto a paper towel covered plate prior to adding it to the set eggs.
- When the eggs are almost set, remove them from the oven.
- Add the spinach, onion and bell pepper mixture.
- Add cheese over the mixture.
- Place the pan back in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- Use a spatula to make sure that the omelet isn't stuck to the sides of the pan.
- Begin rolling the omelet up from the short end.
- Use a spatula in each hand to guide the rolling, while it's still in the baking dish.
- Lift or slide the omelet roll onto a serving dish, seam side down.
- Slice and serve!
While the eggs are baking, saute the onions and bell pepper, until the onions are translucent. We’re fans of Horizon® organic salted and unsalted butter. It melted so well and had a great flavor, probably because they start with fresh, sweet organic cream.
Add the spinach and cook until it has wilted.
When the eggs are almost set, remove them from the oven. Add the spinach, onion and bell pepper mixture.
Sprinkle cheese over the top of the sauteed spinach, onion and red peppers. Place the pan back in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Tip for Rolling the Omelet
We’ve been making this dish for years and we finally came up with the easiest way to roll the omelet. Use two spatulas to help you. The baked spinach omelet is HOT, so you really don’t want to roll it up with your bare hands. If you’ve greased the pan well, it’s also slippery. Use a spatula to first make sure it’s not stuck to the sides. Next, start rolling from the short end using the spatulas to guide the omelet into a roll.
Move it to a serving dish, placing it seam side down.
Now, just slice it and serve it!
We picked up all of the ingredients for this recipe at Walmart, including Horizon Organic Milk and Salted Butter. It’s always so great to find the things we need in one place!
What’s your favorite go-to recipe for serving a crowd in a hurry?
Connect with Horizon® on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Thank you for perfect breakfast idea !
You’re so welcome! I hope you enjoy it!
Serves how many?
I’d say 4-6 people, but of course it depends on how big the servings are. 😉
Comments are closed.