This is a simple way for you to make a great looking double sided border without needing a paper punch. SWEET! If you have the Silhouette Studio software you’ve already got a single border you can use. YAY this costs NOTHING!! (Unless you don’t own a Silhouette and I just pushed you over the edge to buy one. In which case, I owe you one “I’m sorry” and one “You’re Welcome”. LOL!)
I’m using the Silhouette Studio Designer Edition software. You can use any border image, I just chose to use the scalloped one.
- Look under the “My Library” tab on the left to find the “scalloped border”.
- Double click the scalloped border to get it to your mat.
- Click on the “Replicate Window”. (The button <top right> that looks like a freaky butterfly.)
- With the scalloped border highlighted, click the “mirror below” button. TA DA! Now you have 2 of them.
- Highlight one of the borders and move it closer to the other one, until they overlap.
- Drag your cursor over both of the pieces until they are highlighted together.
- Right click and choose “Weld”.
YAY!! You now have a loopy/scall0ped double border!
Want to read about different kinds of punches? Check out this post.