Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
My kids are all home from school for the summer now. YAY! Having two in high school and one in college, I always feel especially blessed when we find activities that we can all enjoy together. Yesterday, it was making these delicious Banana-Chocolate Chip Muffins while we all hung out in the kitchen.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 medium very ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 ?3 cup low-fat buttermilk or 1?3 cup milk
- 1 ?2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ?2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1 ?2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat 12 muffin tin liners with cooking spray and place in muffin tin.
- In large bowl, mash bananas with fork.
- Whisk in egg, milk, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture and combine well.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spoon equal amounts of batter into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly in pan, then remove to wire rack.
While we made the muffins, I took these photos with the Fujifilm Instax Camera that I just bought. I know the photos that I took don’t look that great, but I can’t deny how fun they are. AND…I’ll get much better at taking them when I stop thinking of it like my fancy camera. It’s not fancy. It’s the reincarnation of the Poloroid. It’s simple. Don’t over think it…like I do.
I took it to visit my sister-in-law a few days ago. She’s recovering from a very serious back surgery for the next six months. (God bless her.) It was wonderful to be able to take a photo of her with the kids while we were there and leave it with her. Plus, the camera’s so cute, it’s fun to show and share. Digital cameras are great but it’s really gratifying to get a photo immediately. I used to love my Poloroid back in the 80’s, so I’m enjoying this fun camera too. I wonder if it will make me start scrapbooking? It could happen.
Speaking of digital…I took this one with my Samsung S5 phone. Sometimes I feel like that thing takes better shots than my Canon Rebel. Anyway, that’s what we did yesterday morning. Today, DH and I took turns driving one son to football practice and the other to cross country running. Hey, I thought school was out…It’s 9am and we’ve been out and back six times already. We’ve got to find those vacation moments where and when we can, right? So…take a few minutes and try these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. They rocked our breakfast world.
First, Food.com is the best, it’s my go to food site. Second, Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are so yummy, yummy, yummy. Wow, a mini-me Polaroid…sure takes me back. I too had a Polaroid, and loved it to death…literally. Mother wouldn’t buy me a new one when I wore mine out, she didn’t understand I loved taking pictures…still do, but with my old Cannon A1, still haven’t transitioned to a digital camera. Anyhow, I wish your Sister well, know what it’s like to be laid up. I hope you find the time for a little mini vacation before the school year begins.
Comments are closed.