We used to go to a pizza place that made an apple pie dessert pizza and I loved it! Then one day we went and they had taken it off the menu. What?! That place later went out of business, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the loss of that one dessert led it to it’s tailspin, well, that and a thousand other things, but let’s focus on the dessert. The happy ending of this apple pie dessert pizza tale of woe, is that my husband whipped this one up and it’s a great match to the original! I sped through dinner just so I could get to the dessert. What can I say? Part of me will never grow up. Dessert first should be a thing.
Apple Pie Dessert Pizza
This recipe is super simple. First you need to roll out a pizza crust. You can buy it or make it. We made ours using a recipe that came with our Cuisinart. I’ll share that asap!
We use this pizza pan and LOVE it!
Next you’ll need a can of apple pie filling. Cut the pieces up. My husband says just cut them in the can. You need them to be small.
Spread the apple pie filling over the crust.
Completely cover the whole crust with the apple pie filling.
Mix up a cinnamon sugar topping.
Apple Pie Dessert Pizza
Apple Pie Main Pizza
- 1 16 oz can Apple Pie Filling
- 1 pizza crust bought or homemade
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 4 Tbsp butter softened
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
Powdered Sugar Glaze
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Roll out a pizza crust onto a pizza pan.
- Cut up the apple pie filling pieces, until they are small enough to spread. You can cut them in the can.
- Spread the apple pie filling over the unbaked pizza crust.
- Cover the pizza with the cinnamon sugar topping.
- Bake the apple pie dessert pizza in the oven at 350 for 20-25 minutes. You want to make sure that the crust is brown and the crumb topping is cooked.
- When you remove the apple pie dessert pizza from the oven, drizzle it with a powdered sugar glaze.
- Cut and serve!
Cover the pizza with the cinnamon sugar topping. Place the apple pie dessert pizza in the oven at 350 for 20-25 minutes. You want to make sure that the crust is brown and the crumb topping is cooked.
When you remove the apple pie dessert pizza from the oven, drizzle it with a powdered sugar glaze.
After you’ve cooked it and added the powdered sugar drizzle, you’re ready to eat … and even, to possible share.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Want to make a regular pizza too?
Try this amazing homemade pizza sauce recipe!