With the holidays in full swing, I need recipes that can feed a crowd or at least leave us with some leftovers so I can cover a meal later. What if one of the kids wants a friend to stay for dinner? This meal leaves enough to fill that request, and with so many issues around gluten these days, it’s great to be able to serve this pasta and not worry about who is staying for dinner. This pepperoni pizza casserole is gluten free!
I picked up a 4 pack of Barilla Gluten Free Penne while I was shopping at BJ’s Wholesale Club the other day. Have you tried it? It’s really good. It tastes just like regular pasta but it’s made with corn and rice and is certified gluten free. They even produce it on dedicated gluten free production lines using non-GMO ingredients. So, you can feel good about serving it.
This recipe isn’t difficult at all. Simply boil the pasta and while that is going on, brown your ground beef along with garlic, onions, basil and oregano.
Look how pretty it is! This is where I take a minute to eat pieces of the meal. LOL! Next, combine the cooked ground beef, Barilla Gluten Free pasta, Barilla pasta sauce and 2 cups of cheese. Add the pasta mix to a 13×9 pan, cover with the remaining cheese and pepperoni and bake!
This is a great gluten free meal that the whole family will enjoy!
Gluten Free Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 2 1/2 cups of Barilla pasta sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp dried Basil
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 ounces pepperoni sliced
- 8 ounces Barilla Gluten Free Penne
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese optional garnish
- Cook the Barilla Gluten Free Penne according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a pan.
- Brown the ground beef, onion, garlic, basil and oregano.
- Drain the ground beef and the pasta.
- Combine both in a large mixing bowl.
- Add Barilla pasta sauce and 2 cups of cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour pasta mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle top with remaining mozzarella and top with pepperoni.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkle of shaved parmesan cheese for garnish.
You can find more Barilla Gluten Free recipes on Pinterest.
Visit BJ’s Wholesale Clubs on December 22nd and 23rd to see an in store Barilla Gluten Free pasta demo at select clubs.