I’m so excited to be planning a big Christmas dinner at our house this year. Usually, we spend it at my husband’s parent’s house but they just moved and are covered up with boxes. So, it’s about time to return the favor of a special meal. One thing that I plan to have as part of the meal for the big day, are these lovely cranberry scones.
I’m using Chobani® Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt in this recipe. Keep it in mind for your holiday cooking. It’s a delicious substitute for sour cream, mayonnaise, or oil and can help you create a healthier take on your favorite recipes. Plus, it’s made with only natural ingredients, includes three types of probiotics and has 40% less sugar than regular yogurt with no artificial flavors or sweeteners. I like knowing that’s what is in what I’m serving.
Don’t forget the cranberries! You can use fresh or frozen, but I suggest that you slice or chop them up.
This recipe is simple but it packs a more complex looking punch, doesn’t it? You’re just adding the Chobani® yogurt and the rest of the ingredients, except the cranberries, to the mixer and mixing well.
After you’ve got a dough, mix in the cranberries. A few more easy steps and you’re on your way to serving them up!
Cranberry Scones Recipe
- Main Ingredients
- 3//4 cup of Chobani® Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 3/4 cups self rising flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup sliced or chopped cranberries
- Other Ingredients
- 1 large egg
- zest of one orange
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- 3/4 cup sparkling sugar
- Mix butter, egg, sugar, orange zest (optional) and Chobani® Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt until smooth.
- Gradually add flour to mix until a dough forms.
- Add cranberries.
- Half the dough.
- On a floured surface, knead each half approximately 8-10 times.
- Create two 1" high circles with the dough.
- Using a knife, score the circles to create 6 to 8 wedges.
- Place scones on parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until light to golden brown.
- When you remove the scones from the oven, brush them with butter and sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Half the dough. Knead each half approximately 8-10 times. Create two 1″ high circles with the dough. Using a knife, score the circles to create 6 to 8 wedges. I think that 8 wedges provides a nicely sized scone.
Place your scones on parchment paper and bake them at 375 for 20 minutes. You don’t want to over cook them, so make sure to take them out when they are a light to slightly golden brown.
When you take the scones out of the oven, brush them with butter and sprinkle them with sparkling sugar.
You won’t have to wait long before someone will be ready to pounce on them!
I bought the 32 oz. Chobani® Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt at Walmart. I’ve found so many things there this season! The sign holder, my tablecloth and runner are all from Walmart too! Hey, since I bought more yogurt than this recipe uses, I’ll be using it in some fruit and oat parfaits for breakfast. Yum!
If you have any Chobani® yogurt left over it’s also great in parfaits, smoothies, dips and more! You can find more Chobani® recipes here.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayWithChobani #CollectiveBias
Have a happy and delicious holiday!