Me love cookies!!!! (That’s from Cookie Monster, you know that, right?) 😀
Oh, I LOVED making this cute gift for my Mom’s b’day. She doesn’t live close to me, but after I packed these in a snug box, then placed that box inside a bigger box full of stuff I sent her…then surrounded the cookie box with puffy air bags…they got to her just fine. 😉 What can I say? I love packing material.
Wait until I show you (tomorrow) the other 2 gifts I made for her. Well, one is a card, but it’s a gift too, right?! Don’t worry. I did buy her something too. She’s my MOM after all. Though, I was very easy to love and a terrific kid. Also, she doesn’t regularly read my blog, so I can pretty much rewrite my whole childhood on here and she’ll probably not notice. 😀
OK! Here’s What I Used:
I used the adorable Sesame Street Friends Cricut cartridge to cut out the cookie. I LOVE that cart! I do have to say that someone mentioned to me that the cookie looks like an Emo cartoon character. But…IT’S JUST A COOKIE!! …though it may have 4 eyes, a Cindy Crawford mole and be smiling… MOVING ON…
Sesame Street Friends Cricut Cart = Cookie
Lyrical Letters = Happy B’day & Bow
I used a Marvy Giga scalloped square punch to form the back of the present.
Paper – IDK who makes it. I bought in on Etsy. Sorry.
Stampin’ Up Large Cello bags. LOVE THESE!!!
Stapler, pop dots, Zig 2 Way Glue pen & my trusty ATG gun (LOVE)
Cookies – Taken right out of a box DH brought home. Sorry Mom. They were fresh…just not homemade. 😛
Here’s the back!
Here’s How I Made It:
- I added my store-bought cookies to the bag.
- I folded a piece of cardstock over and creased it with a bone folder.
- I stapled the cardstock onto the bag. I staple twice, once on each end. I’m careful to staple only in the area I’m planning to cover with more paper. I don’t like my staples to show.
- I glued a piece of pretty paper over the stapled area.
- I added the cookie from the Sesame Street Friends cartridge and popped it out with some pop dots.
- I glued down the b’day and bow cuts that I had already attached to the scalloped square, making a cute little present.
I know you’re going to go make some awesome things!!