I love how beautiful “in the jar” recipes look, don’t you? They’re quick and easy snacks but I think they’re pretty enough for special occasions that have a rustic flair. Don’t you? This yummy recipe is perfect for kids desserts and adult desserts, though you might want to race to the fridge if you want to get your hands on one. They’re going pretty fast in our house, so make a bunch!
Chocolate Hazelnut Strawberry Trifle in Mason Jars Recipe
- 2 oz. BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate melted
- 1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 1 Devils Food Cake box or favorite recipe, fully baked
- Sliced Strawberries
- 1 pkg. 3.4 oz. JELL-O French Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
- Bake a Devil's Food or chocolate cake from a box or your favorite recipe. Cut into small pieces, place into the bottom of mason jars.
- Beat dry pudding mix, milk and chocolate-hazelnut spread and whisk 2 min. Stir in 1 cup of COOL WHIP; spoon or pipe over the cake pieces.
- Whisk chocolate and 1/2 cup COOL WHIP until well blended. Pipe the mixture over the strawberries or use as a garnish for the top of the dessert.
- I layered the trifle as follows: cake, chocolate-hazelnut/Cool Whip mix, strawberries, cake chocolate-hazelnut/Cool Whip mix, Cool Whip and chocolate/CoolWhip mix drizzle.
I was amazed by the awesome flavor of the chocolate-hazelnut spread mixed with Jell-O French Vanilla pudding and Cool Whip. Put that on your “must taste” list. You will LOVE IT!
Cool Whip mixed with 2 oz. of melted BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate made a richly chocolate flavor that was strong enough to taste even amid the other ingredients. Delicious!
Ok, so you saw the gorgeous shot of the finished trifles at the beginning of the post. The three above are what we made when we were finished with the beauty shots. If you’re making these for your family, you might be in a hurry. These are perfect for a quick assembly because they taste great no matter how they look! Given the choice of any of these from the fridge my youngest son took a messy one…and he loved it. True story. See photo below.
My son gave this two thumbs up! YAY!
I’m sooo eating the one in the middle tonight. LOL! What are your favorite Cool Whip and Jell-O recipes?
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AddCoolWhip #CollectiveBias