This post was sponsored by Sunshine Sweet Corn as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
When I’m looking at recipes to try, the ones with corn always get my immediate attention. Are you like that? There’s just something about the flavor and texture, and even the look of it, that I love. Plus, it’s so easy to incorporate into so many meals. Today, I’m sharing an easy recipe for Beer Boiled Shrimp with Fresh Corn, and you don’t even have to wait for summer to enjoy it, because Sunshine Sweet Corn, grown in Florida, is available at your local grocer now. YAY!
I really like this recipe because what you see is what you get. Everything looks so pretty simply boiled with a few ingredients and served. Onion, potatoes, Sunshine Sweet corn, cabbage, shrimp, seasoning and water or beer are all that are needed for a flavorful and delicious dinner. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
How pretty is this corn? Don’t you wish you could just eat it right away? LOL! Besides it’s good looks, Sunshine Sweet Corn is also non-GMO, extra tender, and regulated for quality control. Good. I like food that I can trust.
Preparation for this recipe is easy. Wash the cabbage and potatoes. Cut the onion into eight wedges. Quarter four small thin-skinned potatoes, like these red and white potatoes. Don’t using baking potatoes. Cut four ears of corn into 2-inch pieces and cut half of a small cabbage into 4 wedges. You need a pound of shrimp and you don’t even have to peel it until you’re ready to eat it!
This couldn’t be much easier. Add everything to a pot of water, plus beer and a few tablespoons of seafood seasonings. Don’t want to add beer? That’s not a problem, just use water.
From boiling the water until time to eat, you’re ready to serve in around 30 minutes. This is the kind of meal that you don’t need to complicate. Serve it hot, fast and in a bowl. Easy!
Sunshine Sweet Corn is the cream of the crop – once you taste it you’re hooked!
If you want to make this Beer Boiled Shrimp with Fresh Corn recipe your timing couldn’t be more perfect. Sunshine Sweet Corn is your best guarantee for a delicious, sweet tasting corn in April and May.
Beer Boiled Shrimp with Fresh Corn
- 1 bottle 12 ounces ale or beer*
- 1 onion cut in 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons ground seafood seasoning blend
- 4 small thin-skinned not baking potatoes, quartered (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 4 ears Sunshine Sweet corn husked and cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 small cabbage cut in 4 wedges
- 1 pound unpeeled large shrimp
- In a large saucepot, combine 6 cups water, the ale, onion and seafood seasoning; bring to a boil. Add potatoes; cover and boil until barely tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in corn, cabbage and shrimp; return to a boil; cook until cabbage is tender and shrimp turns pink, about 5 minutes.
- This recipe is from: http://sunshinesweetcorn.com/sweet-corn-recipe/boiled-shrimp-and-fresh-corn-dinner and you can find more great corn recipes at http://sunshinesweetcorn.com/sweet-corn-recipes
I couldn’t stop taking pictures of this meal, because it was so pretty. I did stop to eat it though. Priorities man, priorities.
Sunshine Sweet Corn is on sale now! Visit your local Grocer to buy some today.