This Purple Ribbon is in support of finding an Alzheimer’s Cure.
I made this card to thank someone who recently donated to the Alzheimer’s Association Memory Walk that I will be participating in on October 10th. The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research, and funds that I raise will go directly toward supporting their efforts. This is an important cause to me. My DH’s grandmother recently died after suffering with Alzheimer’s for many years. She is the second person I have known to die from it. I had a good friend in high school whose mother also died from Alzheimer’s. Sadly, we are forever bound by the loss of a parent on the same day. 🙁 Although, Alzheimer’s is not in my family history, I worry for those I love whom it may effect and I walk for those who have lost and who suffer. I walk with hope in my heart…for a cure.
This card was made using:
Cricut Cartridge: Stand and Salute
Cuttlebug folders: Heart Blocks & Distressed Stripes
Cardstock: White & Purple both from Stampin’ Up
ReadyMade Folded Card: DCWV Spring Box of Cards
Ink: Pink Passion & Chocolate Chip Stampin’ Up & White Pigment Ink pad from Stampabilities
Stamped Sentiment: From Papertrey Ink Cupcake Collection
General Supplies: Pop Dots, ATG gun, paper trimmer, Big Shot
How I Made It:
- The folded card part was from a boxed set, so that was easy!
- I cut white cardstock to a size that looked right to me. I eyeballed it.
- I ran a pink inkpad over the inside of the Heart Blocks Cuttlebug folder.
- I put the white cardstock in the folder and ran it through my Big Shot.
- I made the ribbon cuts at 4″ and used the blackout function (also at 4″) for the white background of the ribbon.
- I ran the ribbons though my Big Shot
using the Distressed Stripes folder. When I ran the purple ribbon though, I inked the folder with white. It didn’t show up very well, but I could tell a very slight difference to another purple ribbon I didn’t add the ink to.
- I stamped the Thank You sentiment on the ribbon using brown ink (because I was too lazy to dig around and get my black one).
- I used my ATG gun and attached the heart background to the folded card.
- I glued the ribbons together and popped them up with some pop dots.
Here is a sweet tribute that my DH’s Aunt made in cross stitch. She generously sewed this and donated it as thanks to the nursing home that helped care for her Mother, who recently died after suffering with Alzheimer’s for many years. (I put the Joy’s Life.com logo there to cover some personal information.)
Consider buying the Stand and Salute Cartridge, there are a lot of neat cuts on it. Plus, you could use that Ribbon cut for any cause. Consider using it for breast cancer if you are having a hard time finding that Pink Journey cartridge!