I wanted to make some fun Halloween black flowers a’ la Morticia Addams. (I left the heads of the flowers ON though.) I could have just purchased some, but that gets costly and isn’t even half the fun of doing it yourself. Plus, I was curious if it would even work. It did!
I bought these sweet summer flowers at Michael’s 80% off. I started spraying them black with this paint that I found in
the great cave of everything my garage. In the middle of my spray painting I ran out of paint! I was off to Lowes for a new can of super cheap black paint, which smelled terrible, but worked even better than the can above!
Here’s a chair from the stack of chairs we’re getting rid of. Well, now I think I MUST keep this one to hold all my spray painting projects. I use this professional setup to paint things. LOL! Yes, a tired cardboard box is my painting BFF.
BEFORE AND AFTER”ish” … not done quite yet
Ahhh, must take lovely flowers and make them look dreary. I heart
It goes on opaque, but dries clear. Don’t worry!
After I had the flowers spray painted black, I tried out the new Martha Stewart paint line (found at Michael’s). I’m using her black glitter paint. At first I was just going to use it on the center of the flowers, but after trying it…I was hooked!
Now it’s dry and OH SO Glittery!
I painted the ends of some of the petals, the backs and fronts of the leaves and the whole pot. I found myself looking around for more things to cover in glitter. I’m in love with this paint.
These were super fun to make and only cost a few dollars!
I used my new Halloween Puns stamps to make this sign. I just LOVE THE SIGNS! I used a black button and a 3D Zot to make a place to hang my little sign.
This stamp is also from my Halloween Puns stamp set.