I have finally started going to the gym again after many, many years and I LOVE IT! We’ve actually made it a family outing, where my husband, two teenage boys and I, (daughter is away at college), all pile into the car and head to gym together. As we come and go from the gym, I’m making sure we don’t bring too much of the gym back into the house with us. Besides hand washing, I spray anything that is even questionably “germy” with Lysol. I don’t want to be working to get healthy and have a germ set me back if I can help it! It’s perfect that while I embark on this healthy journey, LYSOL is also introducing a new concept called “Healthing“. Lysol says that, “We don’t just clean to make things look nice, we do it to keep our families healthy!” Sweet! That’s just what I was trying to accomplish!
LYSOL Healthing Tips:
- Don’t let spring cleaning overwhelm you – take it one room at a time and stock up on products that will help you to get the job done effectively, including LYSOL® products, paper towels, sponges, and trash bags.
- Know the difference between cleaning and disinfecting! Both are important components of the Healthing process and LYSOL® has products that can help with all related tasks. While cleaning and organizing is certainly important, killing germs on commonly touched surfaces can lower the risk of spreading bacteria and viruses between members of the family.
- Start with the basics – wipe down easy to reach surfaces and then move onto the little nooks and crannies.
- Remember to dust around wall art, photographs and woodwork.
- Use a disinfectant product, like LYSOL® Disinfecting Wipes, to help ensure you’re killing germs as you clean, and think beyond the usual places. Be sure to clean even the smallest surfaces, such as light switches.
- Don’t forget to disinfect places that you don’t see or think about often, like the door knobs, cabinet handles or sink drains.
- Make it a family activity and tailor tasks to specific age groups. Give younger children simpler, one-step tasks like dusting or picking toys up off the floor, and save the more complex jobs, such as vacuuming, scrubbing, and disinfecting for older members of the family.
- Remember to practice proper hand washing as well after you clean, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer. Hand washing is the single most important thing you can do to prevent illness, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
For more information about Healthing or additional resources to help keep your family healthy, please visit www.lysol.com/healthing
Not only do I clean the doorknobs in my home but I clean the door handles in my car and my steering wheel too!
To help spread the word about Healthing, LYSOL and television personality Giuliana Rancic have partnered together to visit YMCAs in select markets across the country to demonstrate Healthing in action. At each YMCA location, LYSOL will provide attendees with hands-on education about the products and steps required to practice improved hygiene habits in their own home, while making the idea fun and relatable to kids. LYSOL will also provide educational information and disinfecting products to the local YMCAs, along with the donation of a one-year membership to a deserving family.
Taking part in LYSOL’s Healthing Initiative is easy:
I participated in this campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for LYSOL®. I received a promotional item to thank me for participating.Share It with Others!by