I was working on a project where I needed some paper that I didn’t have. Solution? Print out my paper and use the Silhouette Cameo to cut it out. YAY! While I was just soooo proud of myself for finding a cute printable paper pattern for .79, I realized that when I imported it to fill my project image it was turned in a direction I didn’t like. Have you had that problem? Well, here’s how to solve it!
By the way, to add a pattern you simply click on the object you want filled then click on a pattern.
Here’s how to adjust (stretch, turn, etc.) the pattern:
- Highlight the object where you’ve imported your pattern.
- Open the “Fill Pattern” window. “Fill Pattern” is at the top of the screen in that little box that has polka dots in it. (I’ve circled it in green.)
- Now the window will open on the right side of your screen. Scroll to the bottom of that window and click “Advanced Options”. That’s how you’ll get into the window I have open in the photo above.
- Now you can rotate and make other changes under the “Fill Pattern” option. Remember to highlight the item you want filled with a pattern. Do that by clicking your object.
- Using the rotate button, I was able to get the pattern to turn in the direction I desired. YAY!
I think you’ll find that these options provide you with a lot of variety for your printed items. Need other Silhouette Software tips? Check out these posts.
Looking for a Silhouette Cameo? I bought mine from Expressions Vinyl.