Last night I posted that Provo Craft is coming out with a new machine specifically for cutting Gum Paste (and other thin edible material) for decorating cakes and any other item you would like to cover with edible things. I have learned some things about it and wanted to share them with you. 😀
All About The Cricut Cake:
*Expected availability date Mid-April 2010*
The Cricut Cake looks just like my Red Cricut Expression
but has these differences:
- Stainless Steel Dials
- I believe that where mine has silver colored sides, the Cake is Stainless Steel
- Stainless Steel Carriage (square that holds the cradle which holds the blade)
- The Blade is thicker and taller than the Deep Cut Blade
- Blade Assembly (holds the blade) has a cover on it so no food can get inside it
- Stainless Steel “Food Safe” Blade (not sure how different that is from the regular one)
- Under the Roller Bar there is a food safe cover that levels that space out so no food can get stuck in there
- Every part that touches food is food safe and approved for food use
- Food Safe Silicone covers protect the keypad, buttons and screen on top
- Food Safe Silicone cover/skirt protects the cartridge area too
- All Cricut Cartridges work with the Cricut Cake
- It will come with a Cake Cartridge
- More Cake Design Specific Cartridges will be released
- New Mat without Adhesive Made from food grade material will allow Crisco or Vegetable Shortening to be put on it. That’s what sticks thin, edible materials down to the mat.
Wanna Hear the BEST NEWS?!!
- All the parts and pieces will be available separately on Cricut.com
OH MY GOODNESS!! THAT ROCKS!! YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?
We can buy those pieces and almost completely turn our Cricut Expressions into the Cricut Cake. Uh-huh…not exactly, but REALLY CLOSE.
Now that IS EXCITING!!! Also, the Cricut Cake Retails for $349-399.
Well, what do you think? 😀Share It with Others!